An arts and crafts-focused experience connecting visitors with Moroccan traditional artisans.
Sefrou / Fez / Morocco
What we offer
Culture Vulture invites you to dive into the workshops to meet the artisans. In doing so, you will explore what and who is involved in the making of the Moroccan handicrafts and discover the rich heritage that Morocco and its people continue to convey through the artisan-ship. Accompanied by a cultural facilitator, come with us on an immersive visit roaming in and out of the working spaces and unearth what lies behind the doors and within the hearts and minds of the traditional craftspeople.
- Half-day artisan visit in Fez, one of Morocco’s craft capitols.
- A half-day excursion to and around Sefrou, a semi-rural market town some 25 km out of Fez. Meet the artisans in the newly restored complexes in the heart of the ancient medina.
- A two-day, artisanal affair. For the creative curious with more time, visit the artisan-ship in both Fez and Sefrou and stay overnight in an old Jewish House in Sefrou’s old city.
- Industrial Craft Zone. An insightful visit ( aprox. 4 hours) around the relatively new industrial, craft area of Fez city. ( Ain Okbi )
- An accompanied visit around the government run crafts school to meet the masters and apprentices and glance the future of the traditional Moroccan crafts.
- Fez Festival Crafts Quest – an exploration and discovery for the craft-curious explorer during the period of Fez’ Sacred Music Festival.
Who we are
Culture Vultures is an arts and culture origination coming from the soul of Sefrou, Fez. Set up and run by visual artist Jess Stephens, it is the facilitation and connecting of the local and the global with art at its core that drives the wind in our sails.
We believe in responsible travel with a social impact. Artisans are tipped for their time and information sharing, we value their skills, hospitality and input.
What to do next
Choose which artisan visit or combination of, which suits you, then contact us via mail letting us know your choice and preferable date. Prices vary depending on the excursion chosen and the number of people. Experiences are close up, interactive and personal.
Note that visits are not conducted on a Friday, as it is the Holy day and the artisan’s day off.
For bookings, inquiries and prices contact firstname.lastname@example.org
See our Tripadvisor reviews and follow us on Facebook and Instagram